Procedure + Tutorial to Run & Portable Linux Apps / Games

Click here to enlarge

Hello Guys,
The Softwares/Games apps Downloaded from TopLinuxApps use the unique AppImage format, which do not require installation!and you can simply plug and play literally..just you need permission on your machine to execute the File Downloaded!

Here’s simple tutorial to Give the Permission to the .run / .App / .image file Downloaded from TopLinuxApps, I am Posting this Tutorial on Method Based on Ubuntu OS, but it works on other Linux Distros too.. so here’s the method:

1. simply locate the Downloaded File in our case let it be XCom.run
2.Now,Right Click on it, and select the Properties

Click here to enlarge

3.Navigate to the Permissions tab.Now,
4. Select/Checkmark the Allow the Application to run as Program option..It Should BE CHECKED!!
5.Close. that’s it

Now Go to terminal and type ./”
<your downloaded="" appnamefile=""></your><your downloaded="" appnamefile="">”.run and hit enter or
simply Double Click on the App/Software/Game’s .run
file and voila!! magic it will be running
No installation,No Configurations,No Hassles isn’t it amazing ..

Setup a 64bit system to run 32bit appimages

AppImages are usually built for 32bit systems and most pf them work on 64bit too but some appImages are not compatible with 64bit systems.
These are the steps to install the 32bit libraries needed to make AppImages run on a 64 bit system. They have been tested on a 64bit Ubuntu 12.04.
First we must install basic 32bit support. The names of the packages may differ in your distro.
Código:
<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: inherit; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace; padding: 0px; color: inherit; border-radius: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: transparent;">sudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install libc6-i386 libglib2.0-0:i386</code>
AppImages don’t include libGL.so.1, because it depends on the graphics driver you’re using. For example, of you’re using mesa3d drivers, you’ll need to install this package:
Código:
<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: inherit; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace; padding: 0px; color: inherit; border-radius: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: transparent;">sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-quantal:i386</code>
Provided ubuntu doesn’t provide a 32bit fuse library for 64bit systems, we’ll have to install our own. We’ll download a 32bit libfuse package and extracting the library to the /lib32 directory.
Código:
<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: inherit; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace; padding: 0px; color: inherit; border-radius: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: transparent;">pushd /tmp/wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/f/fuse/libfuse2_2.8.1-1.1ubuntu2_i386.debar x libfuse2_2.8.1-1.1ubuntu2_i386.deb data.tar.gztar -xhf data.tar.gz ./lib/libfuse.so.2.8.1sudo install -o root lib/libfuse.so.2.8.1 /lib32/libfuse.so.2rm lib/libfuse.so.2.8.1 data.tar.gz libfuse2_2.8.1-1.1ubuntu2_i386.debrmdir libsudo ldconfigpopd</code>
(Optional) Some packages don’t include libpulse, because it’s a runtime dependency, so they will run but they will have no sound. This is how to install 32bit libpulse support.
Código:
<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: inherit; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace; padding: 0px; color: inherit; border-radius: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: transparent;">sudo apt-get install libpulse0:i386 libvorbisfile3:i386</code>
(Optional) Some packages include all needed libraries to run a game (usually they are marked as -archlinux), but some will only include those commonly found in most distros. Here for example we’ll install the libraries needed to run “McDROID DEMO”.
Código:
<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: inherit; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, 'Courier New', monospace; padding: 0px; color: inherit; border-radius: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: transparent;">sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa:i386 libxcursor1:i386</code>